A symbol of aesthetics and grace
With Eastern genres such as Classical, Folk, Contemporary and Kalari being the strongest foot hold of the club, the dancers of the club are the trendsetters. While they are also proficient in Western genres, in recent years, with their zeal and enthusiasm, have taken the purpose of dance to a much meaningful understanding. They have plunged into learning Mallar Khambam, a traditional South Indian sport where a gymnast performs aerial yoga postures and wrestling grips in hanging wooden pole, cane or hanging rope. The dancers of the club are trained in Stand Mallar Khambam, Rope Mallar Khambam and this year are in the mission of learning Fabric Mallar Khambam.
While the club will continue to compete in various dance shows and performances every year, they will also involve in absorbing other unknown forms of traditional dances for the love of nativity and culture.
Faculty In charge : Ms. Sindhu Vaardini U
President: Kishore P
- Winner of dance – eastern category in Kuruksastra’17 and Kuruksastra’18 at Sastra university, Thanjavur.
- Winners of Eastern and Western Choreonite in AURA’18 and AURA’19` at PIMS, Pondicherry
- 1st prize in Western choreonite, Petrichor’s 2018, IIT – Palakkad.
- Finalist of Mood indigo’18 at IIT, Mumbai.
- Semi-Finalists in Free-style, Hip-Hop International India 2019, Goa.
- Swagatham, KCT
- Jananam, KCT
What’s in for 2019 – 2020
Hip Hop International Audition