Technical Textiles Laboratory: Testing Facilities
1. UNIVERSAL TESTING MACHINE
Tests to be carried out
- Tensile Strength.
- Flexural rigidity.
Capacity : 500 KN.
The following grips are available:
- Universal parallel wedge grips: Flat rigid materials up to 25 mm wide and 5 mm thick and round rigid bar of 8 mm can be tested
- 100 mm wide vice action grips: Used to test paper, thin plastic film and textiles
- Split capstan grips :Ideal for testing rope, wire, twine, cord, yarn
2. COMPRESSION MOULDING MACHINE
Preparation of composites with different fibers at different Temperature, Time and Pressure range
Capacity: 25 tons
Sample dimension: 250 x 250 x 75 mm
Maximum Pressure: 200 kgs / cm2
3. LIMITING OXYGEN INDEX APPARATUS
- Determination of minimum oxygen required just to support flaming combustion
- Oxygen / temperature index flammability test apparatus as per ASTM D 2863 suitable for both ambient and elevated temperatures. Test applicable for wide range of materials such as polymers, cables, textiles, plastics, rubber, nylon, laminates, paints and surface coating
- Oxygen analyzer: Servo max (UK)
- Oxygen readout: Direct / Digital readout of % of oxygen in gas mixture
- Technology: Paramagnetic dumb bell cell for oxygen readout
Temperature range : Ambient to 400˚C +/- 2˚C, LC 1˚C
Electrospinning is as a versatile and cost-effective technique for producing multifunctional nanofibers from various polymers, polymer blends with diameters ranging from a few nanometers to several micrometers (usually between 50nm and 500nm). This non-mechanical, electrostatic technique involves the use of a high voltage electrostatic field to charge the surface of a polymer solution droplet and thus to induce the ejection of a liquid jet through a spinneret. In a typical process, an electrical potential is applied between a droplet of a polymer solution, a melt, held at the end of a capillary tube (or syringe needle) and a grounded target.
Electrospun nanofibers/nanowebs have several remarkable characteristics such as a very large surface-to-volume ratio, pore sizes within the nano range, unique physical and mechanical properties along with the design flexibility for chemical/physical functionalization.
5. Needle Punching Machine
Nonwoven samples can be produced from this machine by needle punching technique. Sample width upto 25 cm
6. Thermal Bonding Machine
Nonwoven samples can be produced from this machine by thermal bonding. Sample width up to 25 cm
7. Diffusion cell Apparatus
This instrument is used to analyse the diffusion of drugs etc through membrane
- Testing and Consultancy